HOW TO EXPLAIN BRAIN DEVELOPMENT TO PARENTS
This is our most popular training course and has been delivered to over 1000 practitioners in the UK. The course is suitable for health professionals, social workers, children's centre staff, speech/language and play therapists, family support workers, creche and nursery staff and those with an interest in infant mental health who support Early Years parents. No prior knowledge is required. Those who are already familiar with the theory will learn some simple ways to explain this to parents using GroBrain visual aids and methodology.
- Brain development in the womb. This includes tips on engaging with more vulnerable parents, and helping them connect diet and life-style choices with their unborn baby's developing brain.
- A simplified model of the brain (based on Maclean's triune brain theory). You will learn how to explain the three parts of the brain, their functions and how parents 'wire up' the brain connections.
- Emotional regulation. You will learn how to explain what happens in a baby's brain when they get stressed and how comfort is needed to bring stress levels back down. This visual aid is also useful for ACE awareness work.
- Attachment and how to explain it simply to parents using GroBrain methodology.
- Attunement and how to 'tune in' to babies' positive and negative emotions. You will learn ways to respond to infants' emotions in a way that promotes better longterm emotional health.
GroBrain Resource Pack
Each trainee receives their own copy of our very popular GroBrain Resource Pack, which is Integral to the training day. It contains visual resources to use 1:2:1 with parents.
Health Visitors use the knowledge and course content on a day to day basis in an informal way, which is wonderful.” Health Visiting Service Manager, 2 years after the training course
£160 per person, to include a full day's training, an opportunity to practise explaining the concepts and your own copy of the Resource Pack to use 1:2:1 with parents.