HOW TO EXPLAIN BRAIN DEVELOPMENT TO PARENTS
- Brain development in the womb. This includes tips on engaging with more vulnerable parents, and helping them connect diet and life-style choices with their unborn baby's developing brain.
- A simplified model of the brain (based on Maclean's triune brain theory). You will learn how to explain the three parts of the brain, their functions and how parents 'wire up' the brain connections.
- Emotional regulation. You will learn how to explain what happens in a baby's brain when they get stressed and how comfort is needed to bring stress levels back down. This visual aid is also useful for ACE awareness work.
- Attachment and how to explain it simply to parents using GroBrain methodology.
- A 5-stage of 'baby talk' to teach parents who find this hard to do.
- Attunement and how to 'tune in' to babies' positive and negative emotions. You will learn ways to respond to infants' emotions in a way that promotes better longterm emotional health.
GroBrain Resource Pack
Each trainee receives their own copy of our very popular GroBrain Resource Pack, which is Integral to the training day. It contains visual resources to use 1:2:1 with parents.
Health Visitors use the knowledge and course content on a day to day basis in an informal way, which is wonderful.” Health Visiting Service Manager, 2 years after the training course
Next Open Access Foundation Course
Foundation Day LONDON
The course gives a working knowledge of brain development, emotional regulation, attachment and attunement, and equips you to talk to parents about these topics using the GroBrain Resource Pack included in the price.
Monday 24 March 9.30-4.00 pm
Keychange Charity, 5 St Georges Mews, 43 Westminster Bridge Road LONDON SE1 7JB (short walk from Waterloo station)