HOW TO EXPLAIN BRAIN DEVELOPMENT TO PARENTS
Over 900 people have attended our Foundation Course in Wales, N. Ireland, London, Norfolk, Surrey and Hampshire. Trainees include health visitors, midwives, children's centre staff, nursery nurses, social workers, language and play therapists and family support workers.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the three parts of the brain and their functions
- Explain how parents ‘wire up’ their baby’s brain
- Explain how the stress response is set in the early years
- Analyse different attachment types across the age span
- Describe and model how to attune to babies’ needs and wants
- Gain some practical tips for engaging with vulnerable parents
Trainees consistently rate the usefulness of the training and resources in the workplace at 9/10.
Health Visitors use the knowledge and course content on a day to day basis in an informal way, which is wonderful.” Health Visiting Service Manager, 2 years after the training course
The three parts of the brain was amazing to learn - and how to explain it."
£160 per person, to include a full day's training with the creator of GroBrain, an opportunity to practise explaining the principles and your own copy of the Resource Pack to use 1:2:1 with parents.
For information and enquiries contact email@example.com