How to facilitate a GroBrain Baby Course
This one-day course equips those with existing experience/training in facilitating parenting groups to deliver our 4-session Baby Course. The GroBrain Baby Course is for parents with babies prebirth to 12 months, so it can be run antenatally or postnatally.
Baby Course details
There are four sessions, each lasting up to 2 hours (but can be tailored to your group needs.)
Training details for facilitators
Trainees MUST have attended a GroBrain Foundation Day (or the online version) first, so they are familiar with the underpinning knowledge and GroBrain methodology. They must also have access to regular supervision. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe/model the skills and qualities of an effective group facilitator
- Familiarise yourself with all the GroBrain activities and resources
- Discuss how to embed this in your particular workplace
- Most importantly you will be coached on how to explain brain development, until you have grasped how to communicate it simply. This for many is the key part of the training as it is vital but surprisingly difficult to do!
- Ongoing support will be given to anyone we consider is not yet ready to deliver the course to the required standard. Our commitment is to help you succeed!
A sturdy A3 carry case containing:
Next Open Access Course
Since introducing the course, Health Visitors not only deliver group sessions but also use the knowledge and course content/ information on a day to day basis in a more informal way, which is wonderful.”
Health Visiting Service Manager, London Borough
We are running GroBrain every half term and it is really popular, and all the staff feel that parents are getting a lot out of it.”
Sharon Creake, Orchard Children’s Centre, Camberley